Vintage Tile FAQs
1. How old are the windows that you sell?
Most of our inventory dates from 1870-1920. We occasionally have contemporary pieces that are previously owned, but not actually antique.
2. Do your stained glass windows come from the DC metropolitan area?
No, most of our inventory comes from other antique dealers who travel around the country looking for items to sell, so they can come from all over the U.S.
3. Do you import any vintage decorative windows?
Most of our antique stained glass windows are American, rather than English or continental. Occasionally a window is purchased that is not American, but it is not imported by The Brass Knob.
4. Do you repair stained glass?
No, we do not have a stained glass artisan on staff.
5. Have all your windows been restored?
We sell our windows in “as found” condition because some of our customers need to have them framed to fit specific spaces and do not mind minor damage.